Pro Choice? Pro Life? Pro Komen? Pro Planned Parenthood?

I watched 'The Fall' of a mighty and what I thought was a noble foundation this week in shock and dismay.  From day one the message touted by the Komen foundation was one of access to health care for ALL Women regardless of their financial situation or their political or religious beliefs.  The Komen Foundation was a beacon of hope for millions of Women and now no matter what they try to do they have lost loyal followers forever, their brand has been tarnished beyond repair.

The reason given was they would not fund an organization under investigation.  Unfortunately they didn't apply that 'rule' to every organization they fund.  One senator decided to investigate Planned Parenthoodto see IF government funds were being used inappropriately.  To date nothing has been found to substantiate the accusation of misuse of government funds.  However Komen Foundation funding to Penn State University will continue.  This school covered up the known rape of children for YEARS and is the reason new legislation is being created to prevent something like that from ever happening again.

I must be missing something.

Conservative Senators have stated that well over 90% of what Planned Parenthood does is perform abortions.  The fact is that abortions are maybe 3% of what Planned Parenthood does, the other 97% is to provide affordable health care for Women in need.  Yep that's pretty bad and sinful.  Bad, Naughty Planned Parenthood.

In order for our world to heal we need to start focusing on doing what's RIGHT.  That includes honoring the fact that we all are entitled to our opinions, our beliefs, our political views and our right to choose what is right for us without being demonized by those with an agenda.  If we start focusing on our similarities and stop focusing on our differences we CAN change the world. 

I respect those of you who feel strongly about Pro Life and I would like to ask that you respect the fact that I feel strongly about Pro Choice.  Whether or not I choose to have an abortion is no one's business but my own.  When I stand before God it will be me and not you who will have to answer for my sins and it will be God who judges me.  God gave us free will for a reason, HE gave it to me and no one else, especially a human, has the power or the right to take it away.

Here's to you in Fitness, Wellness and Health!

Jennifer Malocha CEO of Fun at Wuhoo Fitness

jennifer@wuhoofitness.com

www.wuhoofitness.com

Follow Wuhoo Fitness on Facebook and Twitter

Click here to purchase YOUR signed copy of Mom Entrepreneur Extraordinaire!

PS Check out the new videos posted on the Wuhoo Fitness podcast/vidcast page